Catalyst Draw Procedures
Amount of Draws:
We try to make the process as simple and streamlined as possible. Should you need further assistance after reviewing the steps below please feel free to give us a call. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
- The maximum amount you may draw is the hold-back amount on your loan. You may request the total hold back as long as the repairs on the house are 100% completed. (House must be ready for sale and completely cleaned)
- Draws are given after completion of any item on the Rehab Summary. No money is given in advance for work not completed.
- No money is given for change orders or for any work that was not on the original Rehab Summary or Contractor Bid.
- General Contractor fees will not be paid until the project is 100% complete.
- Repairs are given for the combination of Labor and Materials and cannot be given for materials only. We only pay on completed work.
- 10% of the repair escrow is held back and not released until 100% of job completion. Draw payouts also consider the entire property condition/ progress and not just the submitted scope of work.
- All draw requests must be for at least $5,000 or more.
- Permits – On any job that has to be or is permitted, each draw item that requires a city inspection approval must be approved by the city inspector before that item will be paid out.
- While Catalyst Funding does not require permits on all projects, any project this is permitted or receives a violation or “red tag” from the city, will need to pass inspection and/ or receive a “green tag” from the city before any draw requests will be processed.
- No draws will be processed for inspection if there are any outstanding interest payments due.
- Foundation – Catalyst Funding must approve Foundation Contractor prior to work being started in order to receive reimbursement. Invoice/Receipt and Foundation Warranty from Contractor will be required after work has been completed (with description of what was done along with a drawing of where the piers were added).
- Roof – Invoice/Receipt & Warranty/Certification, WPI8 Certificate on properties in the Coastal Counties from Contractor will be required after work has been completed.
If you do not request a draw throughout the entire process, your unused draw funds will be released to you roughly 10 days after Catalyst receives payoff funds.
CATALYST WILL NOT RELEASE ANY REPAIR DRAWS FOR SUB-STANDARD WORK
To receive reimbursement
- Complete the work that is being requested.
- Submit a draw request through the borrower’s online portal. Portal Login Link
- We will have an inspector inspect the work.
- Upon sign-off by the inspector, funds will be released within 3-5 business days of draw request submission. (This time-frame only applies to vacant properties accessible by lock-box. Inaccessible or occupied properties may experience longer funding times)
- If you request items for payment that are not actually completed this may delay the payment by at least a day.
- On a final draw, 100% of the work must be complete and the house must be ready for sale/rental.
These fees are taken from the draw amount. No money up front is required.
$175.00 Per Draw – This fee will include: Processing the draw & Inspector on-site verification.
$25.00 Bank Service Fee – This is for ACH requests. A check may also be prepared at no cost.