Finding the right house flipping tips can make or break any new real estate investor. You’ve found the perfect property for your next fix and flip renovation project. The property is the right price, right location and has lots of potential. How do you transform it to be “the house” on the market every buyer wants?
Step up your house flipping tips with these 10 trendy touches that today’s buyer expects.
10 Trendy Finishing Touches to Help Sell a Home
- Hang on to your space. Instead of table lamps for lighting, hang modern pendant lights in several rooms. You can remove end table and side tables and instantly make the space appear larger and more modern.
- Don’t diss a look-alike. Granite countertop look-alikes can define a kitchen's style while not breaking the budget.The latest laminate countertops feature a more realistic, larger stone pattern and rounded edge for a high-end granite look at a fraction of the cost.
- Give laundry some love. It doesn’t take much to add a little luxe to a laundry room. Modern lighting and storage can create an impressive space where potential homeowners will spend a great deal of time.
- Add a walk-in shower. Walk-in showers have replaced tubs as a must-have in many bathrooms. If you don’t have room for both, choose a trendy walk-in shower vs. a tub that takes up more space. And the truth is, most people don’t have time to take baths today.
- Sand and paint kitchen cabinets that are in poor shape or have an outdated wood finish. This can modernize and brighten up the kitchen at a much lesser expense than replacing cabinets.Reface kitchen cabinetry.
- Create smart storage. Practical storage is always in style. Look for opportunities to create easy storage spaces, such as taking advantage of vertical spaces with cabinetry that goes up the wall.
- Think beyond beige. A neutral color palette avoids a potential buyer hating the color and helps them see their furnishings in the space. Yet, don’t completely nix color. Highlight and modernize specific areas of interest with colors that are hot today, such as painting kitchen cabinets burnt orange or an entryway in Pantone’s color of the year, Greenery.
- Stick with stainless. When replacing appliances, go stainless steel. They are trendy and have remained a popular selling feature in 2015, 2016 and 2017, according to Redfin real estate.
- Go green. Trending this year are energy efficient remodeling projects, from energy-efficient windows and doors to increased attic insulation. Remodeling magazine says it’s a renovation trend that is catching on nationwide.
- Going big is out. For the first time since 2009, the average size of new homes went down in 2016, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Today’s home buyers are more interested in livable homes with flexible floor plans, energy-efficient appliances and storage space. When planning your next fix and flip project, think and decorate smart and efficient to stay on trend with today’s home buyer.
Focus Your Interior Finishes on the Buyer
As you choose your finishing touches, think about your target buyer and their lifestyles.
If the house is in an up-and-coming trendy area, renovate with the young professional in mind. If it’s next to an elementary school, fixes should be made focused on what a young family would be looking for.
You should always rehab the house with your buyers in mind and the types of people who will be living there. If you are unsure, this is where your mentors and industry connections can provide insight into what is hot in the real estate market right now.
Catalyst Funding is a hard money lender who can help build your real estate investment opportunities. With a background in fix and flip projects and other property investments, we can provide resources and guidance to help you through the entire process. We strive to be more than a lender! For more information, contact Catalyst Funding online or call us at (832) 648-3626.
House Flipping Tips: 10 Trendy Touches that Help Sell | Catalyst Funding